Tis the Season for… movies!
As part of our holiday, traditions we all feel a need to watch all the classics: Rudolph, Frosty, Elf, Christmas Vacation, It’s a Wonderful Life. You know them, you watch them.
Some of these are nostalgic, some are dreadful but mandatory, and some are not all that kid friendly. And while Die Hard and Lethal Weapon are technically Christmas movies, they aren’t for the whole family.
Here are a few Christmas movies that you might not have seen… but are guaranteed to bring holiday cheer to ALL ages!
- The Nativity. This is a fairly accurate portrayal of the first Christmas, and is a wonderful depiction of the lengths Mary and Joseph went to honor and obey God. Worth watching every year.
- Christmas in Cannan. Two words: Billy Ray Cyrus! (Billy Ray is one word where I am from)
- Angels in the Snow. Touching movie about a family’s need to reconnect and those that help them along the way. Good twist at the end.
- A Very Brady Christmas. Come on… it’s the Brady Bunch back together!
- Christmas with the Kranks. Yes, it’s Tim Allen again in a Christmas movie, but this one is pretty good and is often overlooked due to his, The Santa Clause movies.
And just for extra good cheer, if you haven’t seen the two TV episodes of Disney’s Prep for Landing, its very clever, funny, and as warm as a glass of cider.
Which ones am I missing? Merry Christmas everyone!