I had a chance to sit down with Kevin Queen for this episode, and I have to tell you. I took notes. It was great getting to hear his insights on developing as a leader and getting creative in crisis. Kevin also shared his experiences leading through a leadership transition, changing church culture, and a tornado. If you’ve had to step in during a crisis or even if you’re stepping into a leadership role, I know that there’s something good in this episode for you.
About Kevin Queen – 1:27
- Kevin’s home, family, and favorite sports teams.
- Kevin shares his lessons in moving from “assistant coach” to “head coach”.
- How to navigate having healthy ambition without getting in front of what God has for you.
Lessons from Kevin’s Pastoral Leadership – 15:55
- How Kevin interacts with Scripture while prepping for a message.
- Kevin’s experience as he shifted the culture of Cross Point more towards worship and prayer.
Rusty and Kevin get practical – 36:40
- The nuts and bolts of how Kevin organizes a service for a multisite campus.
- Getting creative in the face of natural disaster.
- Cross Point Church – Kevin’s Church in Nashville, Tennessee
- Evernote – Kevin’s choice for message preparation
- A Beautiful Constraint: How To Transform Your Limitations Into Advantages, and Why It’s Everyone’s Business – A book by Adam Morgan and Mark Barden
About Our Guest
Kevin Queen is the lead pastor of Cross Point Church in Nashville, Tennessee. He is a proud husband and father to 4 great kids.