When it comes to controversial issues in our culture, sex and identity are at the top of the list. We’re having those conversations at Real Life Church in our series Sex&Theology. And last month on the podcast, we got to hear Becket Cook’s experience (you can take a listen to his episode here)
This month, Sam Allberry, pastor, speaker, and author of several books, including Why Does God Care Who I Sleep With?, joins Leading Simple to work through the theology behind the Christian sexual ethic and how to approach these conversations in real-time with friends, family, and loved ones. I know you’ll get a lot out of this episode.
Sam’s Calling – 2:56
- About Sam Allberry
- The story behind “Why Does God Care Who I Sleep With?”
Wrestling with the Christian Sexual Ethic – 13:17
- How the Christian sexual ethic has been viewed through history.
- Understanding God’s purpose for sex
What does this look like in real life? – 24:56
- How can the church love the LGBTQ+ community better?
- How to have conversations with your kids about their gender and sexual identity.
- Sam shares about his personal experiences.
About Our Guest
Sam Allberry is a pastor, apologist and speaker. He is the author of a number of books, including Is God Anti-Gay?, Why Bother with Church?, 7 Myths about Singleness, and What God Has To Say About Our Bodies.
He has written extensively for numerous organizations, including The Gospel Coalition, Desiring God, and Living Out.