Are you looking for things you can do to bring your family together this thanksgiving?
I’ll spare you the usual.
Decorate for Christmas.
Here are 7 different ideas you can try while you have some time with your family.
- On Friday, instead of just going shopping, help some shoppers. Go to a Target or Wal*Mart and put carts away for people. Set a timer with your kids and see who can put the most away. Then let the winner pick lunch.
- Have everyone write down Christmas movies you want to watch. Then, put them in a shuffle app or on strips of paper in a bowl if you are an OG, and watch whatever you draw.
- Make a box to collect Christmas cards in… and then for the new year, take one card out a week and pray for that family.
- Paint a room in your house. My wife told me to say that.
- See who can come up with the most unique and tasty meal using only leftovers.
- Play an old-school board game.
- Decide as a family to sponsor a child through Compassion International. For around $40, you can change a child’s life. Listen to my conversation with one of those kids here:
Go to compassion.com/rusty to join us today as we work to sponsor 1000 kids!
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!